Man Charged With Arson After Vehicle Fire in Mendota Heights Courier Lot

Published: August 17th, 2026.

MENDOTA HEIGHTS: A man has been charged with second-degree arson after authorities allege he intentionally set fire to a vehicle in a Mendota Heights courier company parking lot and later submitted an insurance claim for the loss.

Santino Corleone Lee Walker, 46, is charged in Dakota County District Court with one felony count of second-degree arson in connection with the Feb. 19 incident.

According to the criminal complaint, Mendota Heights police responded that day to a report of a vehicle fire in a courier company parking lot. Officers and firefighters found a 2005 Ford Econoline on fire and extinguished the blaze. Two vehicles parked next to the van were also damaged.

Police reportedly observed footprints in the snow that appeared to show someone running away from the Ford.

An employee of the courier company told officers the van was associated with Walker and had been sitting in the parking lot for more than 70 days after breaking down. According to the complaint, the company had warned Walker that the vehicle would be towed if he did not pick it up. An employee allegedly called Walker about the vehicle the day before the fire.

Surveillance video obtained during the investigation allegedly showed a Saturn Vue pull up near the Ford before a person exited the vehicle and a bright flash occurred. The complaint states that Walker is the registered owner of a Saturn Vue.

Authorities later obtained search warrants for additional evidence. According to the complaint, Walker contacted his insurance company to report that the Ford had been destroyed by arson before law enforcement had informed him that the fire was being investigated as arson.

Cellphone data also allegedly placed Walker in the immediate area approximately six minutes after the fire.

The Ford was registered to Walker's father, who told authorities that Walker drove the vehicle, was listed on the insurance policy and submitted an insurance claim, according to the complaint. The insurance company ultimately paid $8,173.85 for the loss.

The complaint states that an investigator later spoke with Walker by phone, but Walker hung up when questioned about the vehicle and insurance.

Second-degree arson is a felony under Minnesota law and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and/or a $20,000 fine.

The allegations contained in the criminal complaint have not been proven in court. Walker is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.



Subscribe to Limitless Media News!

Get breaking news, weather alerts, and local updates delivered straight to your inbox.

* indicates required
Select the updates you would like to receive Choose as many counties and update categories as you would like.

Free to subscribe. No spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

Previous
Previous

Farmington Fire Responds to Gas Leak and Townhome Fire on Euclid Path

Next
Next

Basement Fire Prompts Second-Alarm Response in the City of Mendota